Went up to Lake George this Columbus Day weekend and as usual had a really nice time. Visited my girlfriend and her husband from grade school years and we took a ride up to Lake Placid to see the Log Cabin builders display. The weather was perfect and the town was comfortably populated. We also went up to the top of Whiteface Mt. which on this perfectly clear day gave us a vivid view of the lower lying expanse. The Earth is God's canvas and no one can do it better.
Back at Bolton Landings we ran a table for the Fine Arts Group who raises monies to grant scholarships. Vivian is an artist and has a site on the web. We hsd sctivites for the children who csme snd I must say along with the face painter, we were able to give some parents some relief time while we occupied and introduced drawing, coloring with different mediums, and creating design using crafts. Some of which you can see from the first image.
On Monday evening I had the opportunity to attend a book club session which Vivian is a member and I must say I may do just that here in my town. It was fun and also encouraging to witness how many interesting, alert, and articulate woman exist. We have been a definiate unappreciated valuable resource. But society is beginning to realize that as we witness in the many public positions position help by women today.
HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment