It is unfortunate that everything doesn't come easy. Would I have liked to have ACORN(the inner city big daddy) handing me out money when I wanted to buy a house. No, I was caught in the Jimmy Carter years when interest rates were hitting 17%. So I went FHA and felt gratefull that I was able to get a 13% rate until I could remorgage it to 8%. Both my husband and I had to work and that is exactly what we did. Carefully watching our monies manging so we could now be retired, morgage paid, 2 children sent to college and now they manage their monies so as not to be a credit failing statistic. NO! You can't have everything you want and you may not get the things you like when you want them. It's called being realistic and pragmatic. The people of this country who we consider poor still have more than most of the population of India, Africa, and China. They have more access to free education, housing, food and healthcare. It may take some effort(other then soup kitchens or public shelters) to get, but it is available. I worked in the inner city and witness first hand the amount of free programs offered. Through revenue sharing, the passage of assistance bills, and coorporate donations,supply was not limited. But much of it may have been wasted. Programs from Stevens Institute and Seaton Hall University discontinued their involvement earlier than intended because of lack of interest/and or cooperation. With Stevens offering free computer education and hands on activity with a 3 week FREE summer program at Steven itself (What an opportunity.)to students involved in the program finding itself having to end a 5 year grant early because of non attendance and lack of committment on the part of students. Trust me, I knew 2 of the educators involved who did everything to encourage their students. Some of the educators who were part of the initial program even attended the summer classes. But from 20 or so students,only about 3 remained throughout the the summer. People have to be more aware of whats available and what it takes to achieve financial security. Here was an open door to a world of computor awareness and application only to be trashed.
I like to have things come easy(wish this program was offered at my kids schools)but I accept the fact that if I was going to beat inflation, it was going to take a great deal of personal effort, education, sacrafice and time. So if someone wanted to offer me a pie in the sky idea that I could get lots of credit even though I could have bad credit, I would be very suspicious. The banks are not SANTA CLAUS!!! It's true that the only reason this failed for the banks was because the housing markets bottom fell out all at once. Otherwise, they would have slowly been forclosing on these properties and reselling them. (possibly over and over again)They played on the desperation and ignorance of the public. GREED! GREED! It will get you everytime. And we still have a stock market the remained over 10,000. Remember when it was in the 8,000 range. We cry with a loaf of bread under our arm.And if you really want change, then you yourself have to get educated to what causes problems and how to avoid/prevent them. When something doesn't work, be willing to make changes first in your own house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment