Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Everyday offers a new experience.

Well I don't know what happen, but today I spent some time with my neighbor and her three children. After droping off the middle son, age 2 1/2 the 4 year old and the 3 month old went off to a few stores to shop for Halloween. After a 2 hour spree, we picked up the little guy and returned home. I went to check on the dog and bought her some homemade soup for a late lunch. I stayed a while and visited with her sister in law and her two boys, one just a month old. I couldn't get over how easy and relaxed I felt about holding the infants. Being relaxed and confidence returning, all seem to go smoothly. My chidren are now single adults so you see it had been a long time and there are so many more gadgets on the market.
It amazes me the number of items that are out there on the market attemping to meet every and all needs of a new mother. For example. if you are not willing or able to hold the bottle that feeds you baby, you can buy a bottle that has a straw like part that attaches itself to the bottle and the tube has a nipple attached to its end. So you can have the bottle standing on a side table while feeding the baby. But I must say there are so many choices in car seats, walkers, swings, strollers, pacifiers, rattles, diapers, formulas, sippy cups, toys( all attempting to be classified as educational), and books that all claim the right way to raise children. Well I must say, that all these parents have a many options. Let's just hope that they are well informed and use common sense in the making of their choices.

No comments: